Heritage Desert Safari from Dubai307 Reviews
Explore the wildlife of the Dubai Desert in exciting 1950's Land Rovers. View a live falcon training session and dine in an authentic Bedouin camp located inside the private retreat of a local Royal family member. A unique, once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Experience the modern and advanced city of Dubai as it was 50 years ago on this heritage tour and excursion
- Take a wildlife drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in legendary 1950’s Land Rovers
- Enjoy activities like camel rides, henna tattoos, shisha, Arabic coffee and bread making at the camp
- Watch a falcon demonstration and relax in the serene setting surrounded by exotic wildlife
- Enjoy more personal smaller groups
- Step back in time on this authentic desert safari experience
- Visit the royal and private luxurious desert retreat
DescriptionTake a step back in time and experience Dubai as it was 50 years ago. Your professional guide will escort you on a stunning journey in a museum quality 1950’s Land Rover. These vehicles were extensively used in the 1950’s and since then have become part of the UAE history. No other vehicle offers a more authentic desert experience to spot exotic local wildlife within the pristine Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Your Bedouin camp, lit with the gentle flames of traditional lamps is nestled inside a private Royal desert retreat. As our guest, we will show you plenty of cultural activities such as henna, falconry, music, bread making and will provide the opportunity to learn how to prepare a local recipe handed down from generation to generation. Then, we'll enjoy a scrumptious dinner under the stars. History comes to life in this unique and fascinating heritage excursion. During the holy month of Ramadan, experience Ramadan in Dubai as it was 50 years ago. Break the fast and learn about the holy month in true Bedouin spirit. Learn about Ramadan, Iftar and let UAE history come to life in this once in a lifetime heritage event.
IncludesHotel pick-up in an air-conditioned vehicle Bathroom facilities Contribution towards local conservation Gentle wildlife drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve Sparkling date juice Falcon demonstration High quality souvenir headdress Water, tea and coffee Cultural entertainment performance (not available during the holy month of Ramadan) Optional photo Gratuities
- A reminder email with a precise pick-up time will be sent prior to your tour departure. Tour not recommended during pregnancy and not suitable for guests with spinal aliments. A minimum of 3 hours notice is required in order to book this activity online. Cultural entertainment performance (not available during the holy month of Ramadan) The language/safari guide is on request and is subject to availability on the day of the tour. Please note that if you have a child under the age of 5 with you, you need to book a private car.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 18 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability