My Guide Website?
From Dubai: Al Ain Garden City Full-Day Sightseeing Tour85 Reviews
Discover the “Garden City” of Al Ain on an 8-hour sightseeing tour from Dubai, crossing the Hajar Mountains to explore a green oasis in the desert landscape. See streets filled with palm trees, as well as historic monumnents, such as the Al Jahili Fort.
- Drive across the Hajar Mountains to the Garden City of Al Ain
- Visit the birthplace of the 1st president of the UAE
- Go to a working camel market
- Admire the Old Palace of H.H. Sheikh Zayed
- Visit the Qasr Al Muwaiji
DescriptionEnjoy a great day taking in the sights of the beautiful UNESCO-listed 'Garden City' of Al Ain. En route watch the fascinating and ever-changing desert scenery. On arrival visit the renovated Old Palace of H.H. late Sheikh Zayed, former ruler of Abu Dhabi and UAE's founding President. Next, visit the award-winning Al Jahili Fort to view the permanent exhibition dedicated to the intrepid British explorer, Wilfred Thesiger, who crossed The Empty Quarter Rub al-Khali twice in the 1940s. You will then head to UAE’s oldest Al Ain National Museum to discover artifacts from the 6th Century B.C. Head to the heritage site of Al Ain Oasis where your guide informs you about the Falaj, an ancient underground irrigation system. Afterwards, enjoy a photo session at the local camel market, the largest in the region, before stopping for a delicious lunch. Later, you will make a final stop at the foot of Jebel Hafeet mountain for a look at the popular hot springs before a pleasant drive back.
IncludesGuide (bilingual tour in English and German) Transportation by air-conditioned bus A buffet lunch
- Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings • Good quality sunglasses are advised, with photo-chromatic lenses for those who wear spectacles • Hats, or some protection for the head, are advisable when in direct sunlight • The United Arab Emirates has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops and villages
- The local supplier reserves the right to cancel any part of the scheduled program for reasons of government decisions, public holidays, weather conditions, or similar. Furthermore, they reserve the right to amend and/or cancel the schedule for any tour
- Please take note that the passport copy of all the persons participating is to be provided to your guide on the day of the tour.
- This is a bilingual tour in English and German