Built around the newly extended Dubai Creek just west of Downtown Dubai and located between Sheikh Zayed Road and Al Khail Road, Business Bay provides an excellent commercial environment for regional and international companies. It boasts a world-class infrastructure, urban planning and architecture.
Business Bay is one of the few developments that offer freehold offices right in the middle of Dubai's new business district. Its proximity to Downtown Dubai makes it a vastly attractive place for businesses to set up and operate.
Towers in Business bay include a mix of business, commercial and residential facilities. The lifestyle here is positioned as urban, self-sustaining and business oriented. It offers a sophisticated and fulfilling community way-of-life to its residents. Once complete, this central district will offer public parks and schools as well as retail outlets, hotels, entertainment and recreational facilities.
There is still a fair bit of construction taking place in this area with development expected to be completed by 2015.
Furthermore, in November 2012, it was announced that Dubai will spend AED 1.5 billion to extend the Business Bay canal by 12.8 kilometres all the way from the section of Sheikh Zayed Road near the Safa Park Interchange, running next to Safa Park and making its way through Jumeirah 2 all the way to the Arabian Gulf. This ambitious project is scheduled to be completed within two years.
Latest Attraction - Dubai Canal
This is the latest addition to the list of attractions one should see whne in Dubai, moreso when you are around the Dubai mall and done watching the fountains, dont let it end there. Head down to the Canal where they also have something extra to please your eyes before going home. Here are a few fun racts about our canal:
- It has charging stations EVERYWHERE!! so if you run out of battery will taking pics or snapchat, the Canal's got your back :)!
- The canal is also eco friendly as the lights around are solar powered. Way to go on environmental conservation.
- There is paid parking underneath Sheikh Zayed road so you dont have to worry about that.
- The waterfall at the canal starts at 8pm and ends at 10pm and .... wait for it, if ever there is a boat passing through, the waterfall opens up and gives way.
- Lastly, one of the arch bridge was inspired by the Sanfranscisco Golden Bridge. There is a path for cyclists and pedestrians but note that the bridge is held up by suspension cables, therefore you fel some shakes on the ground.