Dubai: Fossil Red Dunes & Camel Rock Safari with BBQ977 Reviews
Experience the thrill of dune-bashing and sandboarding on this desert safari. Visit the famous Fossil and Camel rocks, enjoy a tasty BBQ dinner and also take part in a sunset camel ride at Al Khayma Camp.
- Marvel at the Fossil Rocks, which was a seabed 80 million years ago
- Test your courage with sand surfing on the desert dunes
- Feel the thrills and chills of red dunes bashing drive
- Enjoy a barbecue dinner in a Bedouin desert camp
- Take part in an evening camel trek with splendid sunset views
DescriptionFollowing a hotel pick-up, head out from Dubai in a comfortable 4x4 vehicle for your Fossil & Camel rocks safari. On the way learn some fascinating facts about the Fossil Rocks from your guide. Upon arrival, take a short break (20-25 minutes) in the rest area, making use of bathroom facilities, relax, and if you’d like to, go for an optional Quad Biking nearby. Red dunes adventure time; as soon as your 4x4 is ready, proceed for a dune bashing drive. Feel the excitement mounts as your safari driver rides the 4x4 over those steep dunes for 35-45 minutes. Marvel the sights of Fossil and Camel rocks. For more thrills take a sandboarding ride on the desert dunes. Next, drive to Al Khayma camp in Dubai desert. Get seated in your own Khayma and experience the Arabic culture and hospitality by having Arabic coffee, dates and sweets. It’s then time for an evening camel ride — enjoy the beautiful views while riding across the desert terrains. Head back to camp where you can experience henna body painting, smoke a shisha pipe to get into the Bedouin spirit, put on an Arabic costume, get a photo of yourself with a falcon on your hand, and be entertained by the traditional Tanoura dance on stage. Once you've worked up an appetite, you will then enjoy a barbecue buffet dinner followed by desserts, before watching the Belly dance shows later on. You will then be driven back to your hotel/accommodation at the end of the tour.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your hotel/selected location Transportation by air-conditioned 4WD English-speaking licensed driver Dune bashing (30-45 minutes) Sandboarding Camel ride experience (can be repeated) Camel feeding Sunset photo stop Al Khayma Desert Camp visit (shared camp) Henna painting (for ladies) Falcon experience Shisha pipe (hubble bubble flavour) in the Shisha Area Tanura and Nashaat dance show Barbecue buffet with vegetarian and non-vegetarian options Unlimited mineral water and soft drinks Gaymat (sweets), Gahwa (coffee), and dates Quad Bike (optional and your safari guide will help you to get it) Alcoholic drinks Gratuities
- Duration of the tour includes pickup and drop-off
- Drop-off time may vary
- Pregnant women & those with back/neck pain may not participate
- Infants under 3 years old are not allowed in the car during dune bashing. Please book a private option so they can participate without dune bashing
- The Fossil Rock Dunes are extremely high and are not recommended for people who get car sick or are over 60 years old.
- Please do not eat for 3 hours before the tour
- Please note that if your skin is sensitive to henna, it is advised not to do it
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability